Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I was fraud 25 days ago sent the money western union 2 money

Customer Question

I was fraud 25 days ago sent the money western union 2 money orders on jan 27 I send my back of my paper of my money order saying it was frauded they gave me a case # ***** call and call and get no response because the people that stole it were from the phililliphens. they cant speak English everytime I get somebody on the line that speaks English there helpful but as soon as I get transferred to some other department they have no Idea.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 9 months ago.
Hello, Who is it that you are trying to contact?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
who ever will get this going
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
u there
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 9 months ago.
You're not being clear about who you were calling and what you were asking them to do. You also haven't asked a question here, so I don't know how I can be of help. How were you defrauded? Did you report the crime to the police and to the FBI?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I went to western union put 1945.00 on two money orders. the guy was from the phillipenes and could not speak English we paid through a paycor sublease for a apartment
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I figured it was fraud 2 days later and sent all my information western union fraud department they gave me a case # ***** been 20 days they said I would have a answer by now
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i keep getting the run around everytime i get somebody on the phone they know nothing but some people i call in Denver headquarters they gave me a western union gave me case #
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for explaining. You will have to call the Denver branch, give them the case number, and ask them to tell you their decision. Are you trying to hold them responsible for your losses, or are you trying to see if they can reverse the money transfer? It is after 11pm here. I will have my answer for you first thing in the morning.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok call me on my cell phone in the morning(###) ###-#### ***** got all receipts pictures of the money orders, everything im not blaming Denver but im saying whenever I get transferred from there headquarters I get some just call in the morning.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. I cannot call you and customer service has already removed your number from this post. Phone calls are a premium service which require an additional fee. Otherwise all contact has to be here on this question thread. I'm not clear what happened to your money orders. In general, when you authorize payment through Western Union or MoneyGram, because you actually did authorize it, Western Union is not responsible for the fact that the person you asked them to send money to is a scammer. This is why scammers LOOOVE transfers by Western Union or MoneyGram. Money sent by wire transfer from Western Union is not reversible unless you can request a refund before the intended recipient has picked it up. Payment by money order may be another matter. I'm not sure of your circumstances, but if you're looking to reverse the money orders which have not yet been cashed, and Western Union is giving you the runaround, they are a legitimate company and you would have legal ways of trying to get some customer service from them. The first would be to call back the Denver branch, give them the case number, tell them you want to know that's going on and that every time you have tried, you eventually get transferred to someone who speaks no English. Ask to speak to the Denver manager or someone in authority who will look into your complaint personally and give you information. We cannot call Western Union for you. It is not allowed under the terms of service on this website. But if Western Union is unresponsive and won't help you, you can contact the Better Business Bureau and lodge a complaint against them. The Better Business Bureau can mediate in a dispute between a company and a consumer and try to resolve it for you. Not only that, but they will do it for free. You can also contact your State Attorney General's Office, since their office deals with consumer complaints, and report Western Union there as well. If you can't resolve the problem via free means, you would have to consult with a civil lawyer to see if you can sue Western Union for the return of your money. If they have been negligent and as a result of that have lost you your money, you could hire a lawyer and sue them or, if that's impractical and the amount of money isn't that large, you could sue them yourself in small claims court to try to recover your lost funds.