Ely, Consultant
Experience:  Attorney in law with focus on consumer protection
7286322

Is ***** *****berg with the government called William about

Customer Question

Is ***** *****berg with the government called William about winning the sweepstakes with Proctor and Gamble for $450,000. He is wanting $950 for an armor truck to deliver the money. Is tthis a scam?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Sorry, but this is without a doubt, a SCAM. This is a common scam, where a person will request money upfront in return for promised riches (lottery, etc). They keep asking for money and then once you stop paying them, they disappear. No lottery would ever, EVER request money up front. Here are more red flags to consider: 1) If you do not remember entering, how could you win?2) This company's name has been used by scammers before - see HERE. The company is used due to its popularity and recognition, but they actually know nothing of the scam.3) P&G does not have a lottery with the government. This is a scam. Do not send this person money. Block their number. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!