Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience
29905560

EnOne of my husbands ex employee opened his own business and

Customer Question

enOne of my husbands ex employee opened his own business and asked him if he wanted to be part of it. He borrowed $10,000. almost two years ago and said he would apply it to $10,000 more to buy into his new business. The business is almost ready to open and he isn't talking to us about any of the legal matters. We asked dozens of time for the money back and he just says he will get it this weekend but never shows up. We are in our 66 and 67 years old and that is a lot of money for us.What legally should I do first? Can we put a lean on the business to prevent it from opening? We are at a loss for what to do.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.
Was there anything in writing regarding the money advanced? Was it meant as a loan or as the purchase of equity in the venture?