Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I have received an email from David and Carol

Customer Question

***** *****, I have received an email from David and ***** *****, UK Lottery winners of 33 million pounds
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Greetings To You, I am ***** ***** and i won the National UK Lottery of Ј33 million Pounds in December 09/01/2016,You can check this link to confirm (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3397182/Winners-biggest-Lotto-jackpot-revealed-Husband-wife-Scotland-scoop-33million.html). My jackpot was a gift from God to me and my entire family.I and my wife has agreed to do the will of God by donating Ј550,000 pounds to you. Contact us via my email at (*****@******.***) for further/full details. Best Regards, ***** ***** ***** *****.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Fraud Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 10 months ago.
Hello, This is a tired old scam that's been going around for years now. Every time a couple gets reported on in the papers for having won a large sum of money, scammers come out of the woodwork and start sending emails by the thousands to try to make innocent people think they are going to be gifted a portion of the money because they have been chosen at random to be a lucky donee.Sorry to disappoint you but here's a whole page of scam reports involving false emails from ***** ***** (See link) None of these is real. ***** ***** and his wife Carol are real and he did win the lottery but if he's going to donate anywhere, it's going to be to help rebuild his home town and to assist those in it whose lives were harmed by a recent flood. You can see that hereAny time you get an email from some person or company you have never dealt with promising you something that is too good to be true, you can be sure it's a scam. You'd never find out something like this from an email. If it were legitimate, you'd get a letter from a lawyer registered or certified mail.I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 10 months ago.
Oops. Here's the link to the scam reports