Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I have recently been scammed by Best Part Logistics LLC, by

Customer Question

I have recently been scammed by Best Part Logistics LLC, by re shipping products and not being paid for the work performed. When it came time to pay, they just stopped responding to me. Is there any way I can recoup the money owed to me or expose this company?
I have all the documentation from the beginning.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 10 months ago.
Hello, Reshipping jobs are all scams. What you may learn eventually is that your so-called employer has been shipping goods to you which they have purchased using stolen credit card numbers. You, in turn reship them for the scammer, and you have actually been unknowingly laundering money and trafficking in stolen goods. When all is said and done and the people who your "employers" have defrauded, all of these transactions are going to trace only to you, because that is where the packages have shipped and you are the one who has been reshipping. There is, of course, no such company as Best Part Logistics LLC listed in the register of the Texas Secretary of State. If this were truly a Texas LLC, it would have to be there. They don't really exist and finding them in order to be able to sue them is going to be a job for law enforcement. You also might want to start looking for a criminal lawyer. You may be hearing from the police or FBI and you may want to be proactive and go with a lawyer to report this fraud and have your lawyer try to get you immunity from prosecution if you cooperate and give information about the fraud. You will also want to turn over any unshipped parcels to the authorities. Here's what Snopes.com says about Reshipment scams. You'll find the information about reshipping towards the bottom of the page. And attached is a warning from the US Postal Inspecto's Office about this kind of a scam as well.