Ely, Consultant
Experience:  Attorney in law with focus on consumer protection
7286322

I have calls starting early am. from the following numbers:

Customer Question

I have calls starting early am. from the following numbers:(###) ###-####J.M. (###) ###-####J.M.,(###) ###-####P.Q (###) ###-####JM (###) ###-####JM.
I have picked up on a few they are after me to pay up on claiming a prize of big dollar amounts. Want to come to my house and take me to the bank.I am not going along with this suggestion to accept this direction to proceed. Stop calling me help, I may have to change my Phone number. Linda E.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation, Linda. Can you please clarify what you are asking here, exactly? Example: "How do I get them to quit calling me?" OR "Where do I file a complaint?Etc. This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How to get them to stop calling me ? Stop sending mail. I have called the attorney Gen. office and they just told me I was being scammed . I want this to Stop.
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.
Thank you.
On this website, I do not always get to give good news, and this is one of these times. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize. Thanks in advance for not "shooting the messenger."
These are scammers - you already know this. So when you ask them to STOP, they are likely to disregard you.
There are two ways to stop the calls:
1) Change your number. This is the best way. I know you do not wish to hear it, but this is the best way to stop the calls immediately.
2) The other way is to STOP PICKING UP UNKNOWN CALLS OR HANG UP WITHOUT A WORD ONCE YOU REALIZE IT IS THEM. If you keep picking up, you only encourage them to keep calling. They are hoping to wear you down. At this point, they do not even care about convincing you, and simply hope you'd send money to get them to stop (they never will stop, though). In addition, BLOCK every call you get from them. After a time of being blocked, hung up on, and no answer, they should give up. However if you keep picking up and talking to them, they will keep calling. They use different numbers, but if you block/hang up on enough of them, they'll eventually discontinue.
But if I were you, I would go with option #1.
Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.