Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience
29905560

Want to know if someone is a scammer or not JA:

Customer Question

Customer: Want to know if someone is a scammer or not
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Name is***** livesin Pretoria South African but born in the UK
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Fraud Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ely replied 12 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. 1) How did you meet this individual?2) Does he claim to be a student? Nurse/medical professional? Volunteer? Soldier?3) What is he claiming to be doing in South Africa?4) Have you ever seen him on live chat video?5) Do you have any photos of him that you can upload for me?6) Is he on social media sites like Facebook? If so, can you provide me with the links to these?7) Has he been asking for money? Why? This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.
Hello – you had never replied to my Information Request so I never got a chance to provide an answer. Please let me know if you still need information, and if you could reply to my information request so I could provide one.