Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I know someone who has been on workman's comp a year.

Customer Question

I know someone who has been on workman's comp for over a year. They had surgery several months ago. They claim they are still in pain and are trying to get another surgery. They have also sued the company they were working for when they got injured. I have proof that they are selling the prescription narcotics that they are getting as part of there workman's comp. Does this constitute fraud? And if not fraud, then what can I report this for?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, It may not be fraud for someone to sell his prescription narcotics that he obtained via worker's comp. It would depend on the facts and circumstances involved. On the other hand, he's drug trafficking and whether there is fraud involved or not, selling drugs is a crime for which he could be arrested, charged and prosecuted. You could report his activities to the police and show what proof you have that he's selling off his prescription medication. They should investigate. Additionally, you could report the selling of his prescription to his state Worker's Compensation Board.