Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
19127644

Customer: In Ghana there is a Mr. ***** ***** Kortey wanting

Customer Question

Customer: In Ghana there is a Mr. ***** ***** Kortey wanting me to give him money for gold ownership transferee to a daughter of gold owner who received god as inheritances, 1500 USD Transferred fee and 1800 USD for origen documents, He has no Essay report on Gold, Do you have any input on this matter.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Suppose to be 54 Kilograms of gold, She was to have been arrested at airport trying to take 3 bars with her leaving Ghana and they are in mad rush to transfer or Ghana Government is going to take over ownership of gold. It has scam wrote all over it, how would I do background check on Mr. ***** ***** Kortey
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for the information and your question. Yes, my input is that this person is attempting to scam you out of your hard earned money. This is a pretty common scam these days and the last thing you should do is send anyone who says they have a lot of money or gold for you if you send them money first, any money at all. Below are a couple of links to discussions about scams coming out of Ghana (there are many more, just Google "Ghana gold scams"). They may take the form of "romance" scams or get rich quick scams where a lot of money/gold is promised for a small investment. If you were contacted via the internet, you can report this attempted scam to the Federal Government agency that works with Interpol on international scams, which is IC3. Their website is: www.IC3.gov These are the links:http://ghana.usembassy.gov/romance_scam.htmlhttp://www.mining.com/how-to-avoid-being-caught-in-a-common-gold-scam/ Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you send me a copy of a PMMC form or Essay Report for Ghana
No I can't. You have been contacted by a scam artist, so there is no such report for this situation. Please read the information at the links I provided and report this scam to IC3.