Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I have received emails (2 or 3 of them) asking me to check

Customer Question

I have received emails (2 or 3 of them) asking me to check my Nabtrade for my balance. These emails have arrived in the past month. I closed this account several years ago and this is the first time I have received an email from them. I have not opened any of these emails fearing they may be scams. Thank you for your opinion.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.

We all get emails like this. They basically try to get you to click on links and then give up your login information. They also frequently contain viruses which can infect your computer with spyware and allow your email and all of your online accounts to be hacked.

If you're concerned about it, call Nabtrade, using their official number from the web. Don't rely on any contact information in the email, because all of that may lead only to scammers. You can verify with the real Nabtradde that you did indeed close your account and that it is not active.

But your instincts are correct. You should ignore the emails.