Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Warren JA: Thanks. Can you give me

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Warren
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have been in contact for a while a woman in ghana. She was on her way to US but got caught in customs with two bars of undocumented gold. Now is supposedly stuck in Amsterdam needing money for document gold an continue flight to US.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Fraud Examiner Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 11 months ago.
Hello, Unfortunately, you are the victim of an online romance scam. You would think that every woman in Ghana is an heiress just dying to share her gold witn an Anerican she's visiting. That's how often every day we hear a story just like yours. It is not true however. Ghana is a very poor country where the average citizen only makes the equivalent of $200/year. But the one thing that Ghana does have is gold mines. The government of Ghana is very protective of its gold to ensure the economy of Ghana. As a result there is only one lawful way to get gold bars out of Ghana. All gold exported from Ghana must be approved and shipped to a verified recipient by Ghana's PMMC, a government agency that oversees these exports. You can read more about the process of bringing it over here. http://pmmcghana.com/gold This person would never have been allowed to leave Ghana with gold bars. She would have been arrested before leaving the country, her gold would have been confiscated, and she would never have gotten as far as Amsterdam. If you have photos of your scammer and information about her that you want to share, I can likely give you harder evidence that she's a fraud because this scam usually comes complete with fake documents and phony barristers and customs agents.. You can reply to this question thread and upload her photos and any documents she sent you. But the story she has told you is simply not possible. She's just expecting you to wire money via Western Union to someone in her team of scammers who is pretending to be an Amsterdam customs agent. Cease all contact with her. Block her as a contact. Wire no money. YOu will never see it again, and you will never meet this woman. Nothing about what you know about her is real. Report her to the FBI at IC3.gov and to your police.