Ericka Pirtle
Ericka Pirtle,
Experience:  Teacher at Manassas City Schools
90196392

Please help me

Customer Question

Please help me
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ericka Pirtle replied 11 months ago.
Hello. Can you explain your problem.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have been talking to a man on skype saying he is a serving General in Kabul, he is asking for money to bring gold out of Ghana What I want to know is he real or a fake? the name he gave me is General James Anthony or maybe the other way around. Can you please help. Yours Sincerely ***** *****.
This situation sounds typical of a scam. If this person is serving for the armed forces why are they asking you for money to carry out their transaction. Is the money for shipping costs? It's not real clear as to why they are asking you for the money and not going through the proper channels through their job. I would take precautions and not send any money or provide him with anymore information. I also suspect that you have your doubts which is why you are asking for help. Trust your instincts. If it sounds fake then it probably is. Good luck to you and please contact us again if you need anymore assistance.