Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Customer Question

***@******.***
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 11 months ago.
Hello, Please provide me with details to place this email address in context and ask your question so that I will know how to assist you.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 11 months ago.
I was hoping to hear more from you. But here's what I can tell you already: The WHOIS shows that the IP address for this company's website traces to Malaysia. The company is less than three months old and its domain registration will expire in 9 months. The site owner and location information is the following: Registrant Name: Jackson KawaiRegistrant Organization: JKDESIGN STUDIORegistrant Street: No 54B, Jalan Kaskas2, Taman Cheras , Registrant City: kuala LumpurRegistrant State/Province: Kuala LumpurRegistrant Postal Code: 68000Registrant Country: MYRegistrant Phone: +60.01121601684 The phone number you gave me traces to a mobile phone in Malaysia, which means the person with the phone can be anywhere on earth. I haven't heard from you yet, but I'm betting that you received one of those very popular Malaysian scratchie mailings. That is, you got a gorgeous brochure and a scratchie ticket that indicates you won a vacation. In this way, scammers get you to pay for a vacation package that isn't real and, of course, you haven't really won a thing. You can see many scam reports of these scratchie frauds here. As they appear to target Australians, you will notice that your government has issued many warnings as well. Don't fall for it and don't let the professional look of the ticket or the brochure fool you into giving these folks personal identifying information or money. It is quite worth the scammer's while to pay for a convincing looking mailing, because they will make their money back and then some from the fraud. Scamwatch.gov.au also warns of scratchie frauds here.