Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I got another email from the company that scammed me it says

Customer Question

I got another email from the company that scammed me it says I have a tracking number and stuff what do I do my credit card people said I have to file a claim in order to try to get money bck
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 11 months ago.

Sometimes when a company is scamming you they give you a fake tracking number. Then by the time you realize you're never going to get the package, it's too late to get your credit card carrier to reverse the charges. So if this company is fraudulent you should file the claim.

I may be able to tell you if the company is fake. What is the website for the company that scammed you? Are they outside of the US? How are they sending the parcel to you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nikeoshop.com.
I'm in Louisiana
I tried tracking number and it didn't do anything so I'm gonna file a claim
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 11 months ago.

Yup. File the claim.

This site traces to China and the site has only been up and running since November 7th. So the business isn't even 2 months old. In 10 more months the website is slated to expire. You can see this by going to www.domaintools.com and looking up the site's WHOIS by typing the website into their search box.

I doubt you're going to get anything, but if you do, it will be a counterfeit knock-off. File the claim, close your credit card and open up a new one. That way, you'll prevent identity theft.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK Ive never tried to order stuff online and this is my first will I get my money back or it depends
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 11 months ago.

If you tell your credit card carrier that you want to do a charge back because you didn't get your goods, they should reverse it for you if you haven't waited too long.

YOu're not going to get your money back from the company, because the company is not real. It's just a website showing designer labels at too good to be true prices to steal your money.

No bargain is a bargain if the only thing you get is ripped off. Be very careful ordering from foreign websites you know nothing about. Many of them that spam people with promotional unsolicited emails are just bogus companies, and if they are abroad they are outside of the reach of our laws.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It just happened Dec 23 so I'm OK to do it tomorrow
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 11 months ago.

Yes. You usually would get at least 30 days -- with some banks 60. Tomorrow is fine. Cancel the card, because if they are bogus they can make charges on it until you catch wise.