Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I think ive been scammed by a person or persons from turkey,

Customer Question

I think ive been scammed by a person or persons from turkey, saying they are Australian/American in origin, very convincing with photographs ,drivers license etc,promising wealth etc,if I helped them out because of being stranded in turkey, please I wont full confdentdiality on this matter. do you do research on the matter,do I have to pay money everytime I ask a question or provide information
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, You've already paid a deposit to ask a question. It does not cost anything additional to post replies and ask follow ups about this matter on this question thread. Yes, you've been scammed. This is a very common fraud that we call the "stranded traveler" scam. Someone you meet on line but not in person sweeps you off your feet at lightning speed and makes you feel like you are in a very intense committed relationship. He ends up in a country that's neither his own or yours, usually but not always claiming he's there for work and can't meet you -- he says -- until he comes back. But he has an emergency abroad, or so he says, for which he is entirely unprepared and needs your money to help him out. The emergency isn't real, and if it were, his Embassy would be of far more use than an internet stranger abroad. But he counts on his victim to be so smitten that she doesn't realize that the emergency is far-fetched and makes no real sense. If you pay the money, he will only need more. And more. And more. And more. And so on. But he'll never get an inch closer to the plane home because he's not real. If this sounds familiar -- and I already know it does -- you've got yourself a scammer. If you want more evidence of that, you can upload any photos and documents he's sent you along with your reply on this question thread. There is no confidentiality on this site. The only way we can keep this confidential is through premium services which will cost you an additional fee. But then I can give you an email address and we can keep this off the web I will send you information about that and there's no obligation to accept the offer. You can always choose to continue here on this question thread without an additional charge.