Law Educator, Esq., Consultant
Experience:  24+ years law enforcement. Licensed Attorney.
10285032

Is the Department consumer regular affairs a scan? I have

Customer Question

Is the Department consumer regular affairs a scan? I have an award coming from American Sweetstakes for $400,000.00. The said that I was to contact the DCRA to pay them a bond before I can get the money.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.This is called an "advance fee scam" where they want you to pay money to allegedly win money. There are no winnings, they will take your money and you would get nothing. There is no such thing as the American Sweepstakes, it is a scam that defrauds people constantly (see: http://sedonaeye.com/elderly-prescott-man-victim-of-american-sweepstakes-scam/). There is also no such thing as the "Department Consumer Regular Affairs" as these scam artists make up allegedly official sounding names (of course this one makes no sense either) to try to convince people their scam is real. They will even give you phone numbers to their partners who claim to be attorneys or bankers to try to convince you this scam is real, but it is not, it is a scam. Anytime someone says you need to send money to collect a prize it is a scam. If any money is due a legitimate prize company takes it from winnings and they send you a check, they do not ask for your bank information either.Do not pay them a dime. Cease contact with them and report them to the FBI http://www.ic3.gov.