Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant fraud prevention experience.
60109343

What do you know about First Alert Prevention. Their address

Customer Question

What do you know about First Alert Prevention. Their address is 7056 Archibald, Suite 102-370, Corona, California.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question. When you say "what do you know" what sort of information are you looking for exactly? Are you wanting to know if this business is a scam? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are they a legimate business (or is this a scam)?
Thank you. Scams often follow very predictable formulas, so it would be helpful if you could tell me a bit more about the situation. What did these people ask you to do?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have been sending money for several years for fraud protection. I don't have access to all of my records due to a move, water damage, etc. They say that their fraud hotline (that I have never used) is 1(###) ###-####
Thank you. I'm afraid this appears to be a scam. First, although this company is apparently representing itself as an LLC, the California Secretary of State has absolutely no record of an LLC registered in the state by that name. This is a huge indication of fraud, as it is illegal to claim you are an LLC when that is not the case. The next big indicator of fraud is the fact that this company has already been REPORTED as engaging in fraud. See the following review: "ALERT!! ALERT!! ALERT!!First Alert Prevention called my elderly parents, and told them that for $397.17 they would have First Alert for the rest of their lives. The asked my mom to send them the money right away as this offer would not last very long. So they asked for her checking account number and the check number she would be using. Mom didn't give that out. Instead, she said that she would be mailing the check to them "tomorrow" at this address:***** Suite(###) ###-#### ***** CA 92880.The next morning, she got another call from ***** ***** (1.***-***-****), asking if she'd mailed the check yet. She told him that she would be mailing the check that day. He asked her what the check number is, and she told him a number (she made one up). He said he was relieved that she was so prompt about this very important offer.Well I did some checking on this phone number. No one is associated with it as far I can tell. So then I checked out the address. Turns out that it belongs to the UPS Store in Corona, CA. Their address is the same, except they are at Suite 102. So I check the UPS Store website, and guess what?! They offer mailbox services. So I know now that ***** ***** is using this address as his front!I will soon be contacting the Corona, CA Police Department (non-emergency) at(###) ###-####to report this scam. I will also contact the UPS Store at(###) ###-####to see if they can explain who this guy is and if First Alert Prevention is a real company. Thing is, I can't find any information about this company on the websites I've visited. Only one I find is in Arizona.PLEASE ALERT YOUR PARENTS / LOVED ONES about this scam." There are other reports about this company's phone number accusing them of engaging in repetitive and incessant cold calling--something that legitimate companies do not do. As it would appear you are the victim of a crime here, you should contact the police. You want to explain that this is fraud, not just a "breach of contract" situation and that the company is not legitimate at all. You may also wish to contact the FBI, which may choose to investigate even if the local police do not. See here to locate your local FBI field office. I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.