Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Is The Roger Grant Consulting Group" a scam?

Customer Question

Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 11 months ago.
Hello, How did you hear about them? What are they supposed to do for you and what must you do to get their services? Do you have a website and a snail mail address for this company?
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 11 months ago.
I was hoping to hear from you by now, but I have not. I don't see a website for a Roger Grant Consulting Group at all. So without further information from you, I can't check out the company's legitimacy because I need to know where it is in order to vet it for you. However, I can say this about grants: The most any grant consulting company can do for you is to help you find companies or agencies who provide them and help you apply for the grants. Any company that makes unsolicited contact with you and tells you that if you send them money they guarantee you will get a grant is scamming you. Grants have limited availability and are hotly competed for. Nobody can guarantee you'll get a grant. If a company contacts you and says you must pay them anything to get a US government grant, that is a definite scam. Government grants are free. You can see the warning about such scams from the US government provided by the Federal Trade Commission.http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0113-government-grant-scams And on Grants.gov, which is where one applies to get a real government grant, the warning says: "No government grant-making agency will make phone calls; send email or letters to solicit money or personal banking information from a potential grant recipient.There are no processing fees for federal grants. Federal grants are not issued for personal use, but are intended for institutions and non-profits to carry out projects with a public purpose." If you now think that the Roger Grant Consulting group must be a scam, cease all contact with this and any other similar caller. Report the fraud online to the FBI at their Internet Crime Complaint Center at IC3.gov and to the Federal Trade Commission at FTC.gov and to your own law enforcement authorities. If you're still not sure and you want me to dig deeper into this company, then please respond to me on this question thread with the information I asked from you earlier, and I'll be happy to look into it and tell you what I find about the company.