Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Paul George Ankrom <*****@******.***> His phone # *****

Customer Question

Paul George Ankrom His phone # *****(###) ###-####
I want to know if there is any legal evidence the above named person is involved in financial scam activity.
I have been involved in an effort to obtain an inheritance fund and have invested over $226,000.00 USD all with negative results.
Mr. Ankrom claims if I pay him $2,500.00 USD he can obtain the release of this fund within 72 hours.
I am aware he is shown on the internet as being involved in scam activity, however, I am
also aware I can post the same infor about anyone I choose.
I shall expect your response to show legal documentation the info on the internet is valid.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 11 months ago.
Hello, I'm sorry to say that you have been defrauded. NO beneficiary ever has to pay anything to receive an inheritance. Estates simply do not work that way. An estate must pay off all of its debts and obligations first from its own funds, and then, only when that is all taken care of, is whatever remains of the estate distributed to all the heirs. You will never get on milimeter closer to getting this so-called inheritance because it doesn't exist. What does exist is a group of thieves who have convinced you that you have to pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay for something that is already supposedly yours. The advance fee is the #1 sign of an inheritance fraud. Why would you think another $2,500 will release this within 72 hours if a quarter of a million dollars hasn't released it in a year? Because they say so? Like they've done each and every time? The phone number is ***** mobile phone that can be used anywhere in the world. It nominally traces to Los Gatos, California, but that means absolutely nothing. A reverse check of the number fails to reveal an account holder, which is typical of scammers since they use pay-per-minute cards rather than have traceable accounts. A background check indicates there is no Paul George Ankrom residing in the state of California. The closest I have come to anyone by that name anywhere in the US is a Paul G. Ankrom who lives in Ohio, but whose contact information is very different from what you've given me It's unlikely to be the same man. His photo is here, however, as well as the contact information I found. I don't know what you mean about "legal documentation of a scam." Scam reports are anonymous. People who don't exist can't be legally documented. But understand this: The "same surname inheritance scam" has been going on for generations. It is one of the oldest of the West African frauds and precedes the advent of the internet. The Nigerians invented it, the Ghanaians and other high scam countries adopted it, and it's as successful now as it was then.Scammers make countless phone calls and/or send thousands of emails and letters out every day in the hope that they find someone who believes he may actually have a missing wealthy relative somewhere and who will take the bait.If you receive such a message and follow it up you will be told that the money is yours but that you will first have to lay out money for one reason or another to release and collect your inheritance. That's the #1 sign of an inheritance fraud. That's exactly what happened to you. If you pay the first fee, there will be another, and then another and then another. We see people here who have spent tens of thousands of dollars on phony legal and other sort of phony bank fees to get an inheritance that doesn't even really exist.Any time someone you don't know or some company you have never dealt with contacts you out of the blue to tell you that you have come into a windfall beyond your imagination, but that first you have to pay money out and/or reveal unnecessary sensitive personal information in order to collect it, it's a scam. The scammers are just hoping to dazzle you with thoughts of the millions which will be coming your way so that you will wire them all of your money.You can read the history of this scam on Snopes.com.You need to start ignoring these people. They have nothing for you. Again, you never have to prove or pay anything to collect your inheritance. You should report the fraud to the FBI at their Internet Crime Complaint Center at IC3.gov and to the Federal Trade Commission at FTC.gov, so that you can get at least some of the money back that you have thrown away in the form of a tax deduction. Victims of crimes can deduct at least some of their unreimbursed losses when they file their US income tax. You also need to file reports because the only chance you have of seeing any money at all will be if law enforcement can find out who what or where your scammer really is and bring him to justice.