Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

NEED TO KNOW ABOUT A ***** ***** HE HAS A NEW

Customer Question

HELLO ***** NEED TO KNOW ABOUT A ***** ***** HE HAS A NEW YORK ID BORN 8/18/68 I WAS TALKED INTO SENDING MONEY TO THIS MAN THE AMOUNT OF 5114 DOLLARS FOR TWO CONSIGMENT BOXES I HAVE NOT RECIEVE YET I HAVE BEEN PAYING ON FOR OVER A YEAR NOW THIS IS HIS ADDRESS 2886 E 30 ST NEW YORK HE SAID AFTER YESTERDAYS FEE WAS PAID THAT HE WOULD BE AT MY DOOR HE LIED NOW HE SAID THAT MY GOVERMENT IS ASKING FOR A DAMAGE FEE HELP ME PLEASE ***** *****
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, You've met yourself a romance scammer. This is a well-known scam. There are no boxes. This is only an excuse to ask you for money. And more money, and more money, and more money, and more money, and more money. There will never be a last money request, so long as you're still willing to send more of it. And the boxes will never come, because like ***** ***** -- whose information is not going to check out -- they are fake. Step back from his false promises. You've seen enough to know you're being conned. There's no reason the US government would ask for damage fees from you. The name ***** ***** has been associated with several scams involving phony consignements. You can see some of these here. As a NYC resident of many years standing, I can tell you that there is no such address as 2886 E. 30th Street in New York City. The numbers on the streets running East to West in NYC do not go up that high. If you want to reply on this question thread with more information and upload any photos of him of of his documents that you have, I could be in a position to tell you more. But what I can tell you now is that this consignment box scam is one we hear all the time on this site. And it falls into the typical scam pattern. You need to cease all contact with this man. Whoever he really is, he only wants your money. He's never going to be at your door. He's scamming you from a foreign country, and that's where he's going to stay so that he doesn't have to worry about being caught. Walk away from him. Block him as a contact. Report him to your police and to the FBI at their online Internet Crime Complaint Center.