Ely, Consultant
Experience:  Attorney in law with focus on consumer protection
7286322

Customer: my name is ***** ***** Nelley, I was informed

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** Nelley, I was informed last month that my email address was picked as a winner for x amount of dollars, and I was told that I had to pay for delivery & insurance via Western union, to a AjayI Tolulope at*****Logos Nigeria, please advise me thankyou.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: such as what ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Fraud Examiner Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Did you send the money? What can I answer for you in regards ***** ***** situation?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes the amount was one thousand USD
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. Okay, what can I answer for you? As in, "Was this a scam," or, "How do I get my money back," etc.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I know that I can not get my money back just wanted to know if this person is ligament as she has come through National lottery in the US.
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.
No, this is not legitimate, and this person is a scammer. See HERE. Nigeria is rife with internet scams and the Nigerian government is not doing anything about it. This lottery was a scam. If you do not remember buying an entry, how could you win? Also why would you need to send money for a US lottery to Nigeria? Sorry, but you have been scammed. Please cut all contact with that person and do not send them any more money. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never rated positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!