Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I was scammed by Mega Million by ***** *****s-his boss Peter

Customer Question

I was scammed by Mega Million by ***** *****s-his boss ***** ***** and Alrick Gardner for thousands of dollars. Their telephone number is(###) ###-#### Mr. Gardner is located in Springfield, Massachussett. I was suppose to win eight million dollars. I know now that was a joke. They had Mr. Miller bug me for months for money and I finally sent it to him. What a fool I was. They gave me Code and access code and an account No.. It all sounded to good to be true and it was. These people need to be locked up. Also, they have a religious sounds and words to say to you as they scam you out of your money.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 12 months ago.
Hello, I'm very sorry to hear that you were the victim of a contest scam. You always have to enter a contest to win it. To win the real Mega Millions lottery, which is government sponsored, you have to buy lottery tickets. You can't do that on line or via the mail. You must go to an official seller. Also, when you win a real contest you never have to pay money out of pocket in order to be able to win it. The money the contest has is already yours when you're a winner. So if they are sitting with $8 million of your money, they don't need you to send more money from your own pocket to anybody, no matter how logical the reason sounds. A legitimate contest will deduct any transfer fees from your winnings and just give you the rest. You're the victim of a fraud, and you can take legal action to recover your money if you can find these people. The problem is that they are using false information and they are not who, what or where they say they are. So finding them will be a matter for law enforcement. Report the fraud to your police, to the FBI online at their Internet Crime Complaint Center, and to the Federal Trade Commission at FTC.gov. The only way you're going to get your money back is if law enforcement can turn them up and bring them to justice. Meanwhile, however, you are the victim of a crime. And when you are a victim of a crime, your unreimbursed losses are tax deductible. So, if nothing else, you will be able to recover some of the funds you lost to the scam in the form of a deduction when you prepare your 2015 taxes. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news.