Ely, Consultant
Experience:  Attorney in law with focus on consumer protection
7286322

I have been corresponding with a Ugandan months

Customer Question

I have been corresponding with a Ugandan for several months and at this point they want $100 bank fee plus $1000 minimum deposit sent to the United Bank For Africa, where upon they will wire $10.5M USD to my account subject to an existing signed Agreement wherein I am obligated to invest the money at my discretion for a 50-50 split of profits, and after 2 years returning the remaining balance plus the 50% split of profits to the Trustee party to the Agreement. I have concerns about the reality of it all, of course, but I am also concerned about money laundering. What do you think of this transaction?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry, but you are being scammed. This is a very common scam where they ask for a little bit of money to cover expenses, etc, with promises of you receiving back millions. See HERE. The "script" varies whether it be an investment, a trust account, probate money, etc. But the point is - this is a scam. A very pervasive one. Uganda and generally many countries in Africa and Asia cannot enforce a rule of law, so these scammers have a "safe haven" there. And, these scammers "work" multiple targets for weeks, and even months. This is because they stand to get a lot of money from scams. This is not real. I am sorry. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never rated positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!