Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant fraud prevention experience.
60109343

I have people saying they are with the Division Federal EAVF

Customer Question

I have people saying they are with the Division Federal EAVF and they have money in an account for me which was recovered from timeshare sale. I was ripped off, I'm really stupid, and now they say I can get it back if I pay taxes of $8350.00. They have sent official looking ID's and credentials but I'm not convinced.
Any info on these folks?
Thanks
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Unfortunately, this is not real and you are being targeted with a "followup scam." These scams are perpetrated by the same individuals who originally scammed you, or people related to them. They think that because they fooled you once they can fool you a second time, and so claim to have your money but require a fee for you to get it.

Make no mistake, if any money from the previous scam had been recovered, there's no reason in the world why you'd need to pay to get it. It is never necessary to send money to get money, and putting it that way should hopefully make you realize why. If this were real, any "fees" being charged would simply be deducted from the money that has already been recovered.

So, you simply need to cease contact with these individuals, and for that matter anyone else who contacts you about recovered money asking for a fee.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

Were you able to view my answer? Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance....