Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I'm trying to find out if there such thing as diplomatic council

Customer Question

I'm trying to find out if there such thing as diplomatic council " think tank " who will ship us soldiers valuable items from places like Iraq for a considerable fee
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, No, no, no! This is just a scam. The military has it's own mail system which is free for the soldiers and which is necessary for security purposes when soldiers are serving in sensitive political areas. Members of the US armed forces who are on active duty abroad in a war zone cannot reveal their actual addresses to anyone, and all mail and packages goes through military channels. Soldiers aren't diplomats. Diplomatic couriers take sensitive political documents from one diplomat to another. They have nothing to do with soldiers in the field. You have met yourself a military scammer who is selling you a tall tale so that he can steal your money. He's going to claim that they have sent this package to you. But then you'll get a call from someone claiming to be from Customs and requiring you to pay money because that package was stopped at some border. You can see the number of scam reports involving soldiers and diplomatic couriers here. If you're not convinced there are a few ways to tell a military scammer that are 100% foolproof: 1) The first way is to ask your soldier for his official army email address. This is not classified information. A real US soldier may have a classified email address as well, but he also has a regular military email address with which he can write to his friends and family. Every soldier does.When he gives that email address to to you, it should end in @us.army.mil It will NOT end in .com.If it doesn't end in .mil to the far right of the @ sign, he is a fake. Only US servicemen can get a .mil email address, and if he can't produce one that you can email him back and forth with, he's scamming you.2) Get his full name, social security number and date of birth and enter it here on the military's website. This site is an official government site run by the US Armed Forces. It should tell you if this person is or ever was a soldier in the US Armed Forces. If he won't give you the information, then you know he's a scammer, since that information is not classified. It's exactly what he'd be required to reveal if he were ever captured. If he gives you the information but the government site doesn't recognize him, that tells you he's a scammer too.3) (This one isn't foolproof) Run his photo through Google Search by Image. If that particular photo has been used to scam others, you'll see that in the results. You don't always get hit but when you do, the results are very dramatic.Here's a warning from the US Army itself about such scams, and if you are still not sure whether to believe me, hopefully you will believe them and sever all contact now. The US armed forces wish military romance scam victims to report the fraud online to the FBI at their Internet Crime Complaint Center. It's at IC3.gov.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have formed a relationship with us military guy. He asked if I could organise the diplomatic council to ship his belongings from Iraq
I organised and paid half shipping costs . Then I'm
Informed the belongings went to schipol airport and because there were large amounts of money US dollars they required 50k euro to pay duties to send to me in Australia
This was impossible to raise this . But what I did agree was to fly to Amsterdam of course for a price of which I paid half I euros 3750 euro
I was informed o could not bring back to Australia as the US dollars had to be cleaned with special oil ?!! I have returned back to Australia and now getting emails from this so called Andy fish who is asking me to come back to Amsterdam with 36k euro cash so they can buy the oil and clean the money ?!
I have phone number of the diplomat Numerous emails
I'm suspicious this is an Internet fraud scam
I'm prepared to report this to our police in nsw our federal police and also the fbi
I tslk to my man everyday we Skype I've seen him on camera his genuine but I been suspicious all along
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
Yes, this is a scam. I haven't seen this one in a while, where you're going to be expected to spent a lot of money to get a special solution to wash "black money." Once you'll do, you'll find that what you get will all be paper and there won't be real currency in it. This particular fraud even made television. Here's the video on YouTube. And here are more scam reports about the Black Money fraud. (See link) Your man is a scammer. He may be a real person, but he's not who, what and where he says he is, and he's part of a team that is looking to steal your money. You're part of a money laundering fraud. You need to walk away from it and report it to your authorities and to the US authorities.