Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Yes I hope .on12\04\25 my future bride was detained by

Customer Question

Yes I hope .on12\04\25 my future bride was detained by airport security.her name is ***** ***** She was said to be carringgold I need to no if she is in jail has she been to court any information would be greatly a appreciate. My name is***** we're supposed to get married when she gets here I'll be waiting for your reply
Category: Fraud Examiner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do no that she went back to court this morning .but that is all they would tell me.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, To be frank with you, though I am sure you won't want to hear it, we hear stories just like yours several times every day. I already know that you have never met your future bride in your life, for example, but that you met her on a dating or social networking site and fell in love with you pretty much at first site. The name Gifty Owasu has been used in conjuction with internet romance frauds. You can see one scam report here. There are others. The tall tale of the Ghanaian woman who is carrying kilos of gold to her online love but gets stopped at customs is one of the most common excuses that scammers from Africa use to fleece their victims. You can see it among the list of excuses here. Here are other signs of a romance fraud, and I bet many will look familiar too: - the scammer reaches out to you on a dating or social networking website and she falls in love with you at first sight.- She moves in on you and rushes the relationship towards some kind of a commitment. She pulls you off the site where you met and tells you that she wants an exclusive relationship with you via webcam, skype, Yahoo messenger, etc. She flirts with you, seduces you and teases you sexually, especially when she is talking about gifts and money.- And as soon as she knows that she's got you all really hot and interested, she starts asking for things or money. She wants to see you but she will need plane tickets and/or a visa, and a Declaration fee or a Basic Travel Allowance. But then after you've paid all that, she'll have an emergency that keeps her from getting on that plane -- a car accident on the way to the airport. A legal problem with an inheritance from her late father or mother or a problem with her job. A mugging and a trip to the hospital. A dying mother/father/sister/brother/self who can't pay hospital bills. An arrest at the airport or a problem with Customs for trying to get to you with her gold. These are just some of the most popular excuses. There are many others.No matter what the phony excuse, however, she will say that you're her only hope to solve her problems. And all of her problems will cost you money. A lot of it. Despite that, she will never get an inch closer to boarding that plane.- She will want the money wired via Western Union or MoneyGram, which has no protection for the sender. It's like throwing your money away.Once she starts asking for gifts or money, You can bet that she's not who and what you think she is. She's a group of thieves, almost always men, sitting at an internet cafe somewhere overseas, working together to rob too trusting, good hearted men and women such as yourself of all of their money. This scam comes complete with phony documents, phony lawyers, customs officers and bankers. In reality, they are all confederates of the scammer, playing roles in the scam scenario and bolstering each others' lies. If you send her money, she'll just come up with another emergency to ask you for more. And another. And another until you catch wise or go broke, whichever happens first. If you have more information about her and/or photos or documents you can upload with your reply, I can probably tell you much more.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am llost .what do y'all want me to to .and what problem with payment
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
I provided you with an answer to your question. I am not aware of any problem with payment and don't know what you're referring to. All I ask of you is to rate my answer if you're satisfied with it or -- if you think that giving me more information would change my mind or be more convincing to you -- please reply again and tell me more about her and include any photos and documents that she snet you.