Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant fraud prevention experience.
60109343

PCH claims no money is needed to play their games and win.

Customer Question

PCH claims no money is needed to play their games and win. Yet I received over 10 letters from two awards committee located ion Kansas City, wanting a fee to guarantee me a spot in the finals for the win.
Is this a scam, or are they part of the PCH organization?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question. No, this is an absolute scam. PCH never requires you to send a penny in order to collect winnings. The second you are asked to send anything in order to collect a prize, even money from an "advance" that PCH mailed to you (the "advance" will be a bad check that your bank will initially cash before they realize it's no good), you can be assured that you are not dealing with the real PCH. What has likely happened is you have been put on a list as a high probability target for advance fee lottery scams. This would explain why you have received so many letters and offers. Basically, once you respond or show any interest to one of these scam solicitations, the scammer thinks they have a good chance of fooling you and so will keep targeting and re-targeting you until you eventually give in. They are like sharks who smell blood in the water. You must ignore all further communication you receive regarding PCH winnings or other "too good to be true" financial windfalls. These again will be further efforts by the criminals who are contacting you now to rope you into an advance fee scam. Do not fall for it. Cut off all further contact and disregard. I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.