Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I applied loan via www.internet-loans.com.au and

Customer Question

Hello, i applied for a loan via www.internet-loans.com.au and was approved. They sent me paperwork and i signed the contract. I was advised that i would have to pay upfront $1900 for insurances and $1550 tax which i have but have not yet received the funds in my account.
Should i be concerned and who can i speak with for more information?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Unfortunately, you have been defrauded, and you are never going to get the loan you contracted for.. No reputable loan company conditions a loan on the payment of an up front fee. It doesn't matter whether the reason for the fee sounds logical to you or not. The up front fee is the #1 sign of a loan scam. Any legitimate lender will take any fees or transfer expenses from the money that they have agreed to lend you and just give you a check for all the rest of it, with no strings attached. The only way you are likely to get your money back is if law enforcement can find out who, what and where this company really is and bring them to justice. Then you can sue them for the return of your funds. You need to report this to your law enforcement authorities. Meanwhile, if you gave this so-called loan broker any sensitive personal identification information in order to qualify for this loan, take every precaution against identity theft. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news.