Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer.
26798026

OK i will ask. It s hard and well? So right now a lady who

Customer Question

OK i will ask. It s hard and well? So right now a lady who i have known for 3 plus months. Well she inherit gold and i have paid for her visa health checks. She inherit 80 kg gold. So we are close and talk a lot. She was coming to me got sick i paid bill 15 k. So now she is better and we are to meet in London to sell gold. So a official will release the gold for 20 k when we meet in london. Then we sell the deposit gold in london bank. which is worth 2.4 m and put money in my acct in US. She seems to be so in Love with me and I love her and this all seems on up and up. Because she using money i already sent for expences. You know it is possible this all could be real. There are real situations and gold in ghana. So i will meet her in london and we will tour. She wants to marry me. We have talked on phone but not skype. She is so nice but i have sent money to her. We talk so tomorrow i send money to us bank for part payment . The she wants the rest to pay the diplomat in london and we will meet at her hotel and deposit money in the bank. That s where i am tonight. That total will be 20 k for diplomats who she will ride with to london the take posesion of gold. She put gold in my name to show sincerety and love for me and we will share together. Can i remain un identified.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. This is an EXTREMELY COMMON scam. It's what's called "the long con." Scam artists can afford to spend months talking to you and earning your trust, because they're running the same scams on dozens of people at once, there are many of them working together, and many of them don't have other jobs that take them away from the computer. DO NOT SEND A SINGLE PENNY TO THIS PERSON. This is a combination of several different types of advance fee fraud - essentially combining the romance scam with the old inheritance scam that everyone has heard of and knows better than to fall for now.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
She's not going to appear. Any paperwork she showed you that purports to make you the owner of gold is fraudulent.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
There is no logical or legal reason to move gold from Ghana to the United States by transferring it through London - that doesn't even make sense. And why would you pay a British diplomat to get your own money. I know how hard it can be to hear this, but this is absolutely, 100% a scam. She's just trying to steal your money. I'm sorry.