Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Rosaland Capital in Santa Monica, CA took all of our

Customer Question

Rosaland Capital in Santa Monica, CA took all of our Retirement Savings, (we are retired), and put it into Gold proof coins, in gold and silver. They are now worth half of what we bought them at in June, of 2015.
We feel that the rep at Rosaland Capital took advantage of our age, and inexperience with precious metals, and ripped us off for high commissions on high priced collectors' coins.
When my husband and I called the IRA Holding Co. to check on the value of the coins, at the end of Oct. this year, we were told that they only value the coins at "spot metal" weight, because it is easier to determine value that way.
My husband's total investment was: $138,000. It is now worth: $68,000. This is only Nov. of the same year!
My investment of $30,000 is worth only $19,000 now. The rep. will not talk to me when I call him, asking him now for the current "sell" value--he has referred me to his Sales Manager!
We are very worried that we were scammed!
XXXXXXXXXX
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Are you talking about and did you misspell Rosland Capital in Los Angeles at***** If so, this is an accredited A+ rated company according to the Better Business Bureau. You can read the review of them here. The Better Business Bureau accredited them back in 2008, the year they were founded, and the company has held that accredited status, which means that they make a good faith effort to resolve customer complaints. So see if their sales manager can assist you and explain what this means with regard to your long term investment. If he cannot resolve your issues, accredited, A+ rated companies are very protective of their excellent business reputation. A call to the Better Business Bureau and to your State Attorney General's Office may be very effective. The BBB will mediate between you and the company at no cost to yourself and if they are not particularly responsive to you, they will be much more so to them.