Law Educator, Esq., Consultant
Experience:  24+ years law enforcement. Licensed Attorney.
10285032

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** i live in Oklahoma City,

Customer Question

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** i live in Oklahoma City, OK. My icloud email was recently compromised by another person. They were opting in dozens of spam mail.. some of these emails were not primary information, but confirmation secondary approvals for bank loans, $250,000 life insurance policies, "open bank accounts" with access to free money.
After completely changing new email addresses, cell phone numbers, cell service company's, and email providers as well. Not even 3-4 days went by and more spam email had been flooding my new @gmail.com address with no connection to my previous cell service, or icloud account.
Some of the things that I'm receving via email is specific insults as well, along with more than a coincidence of the subject of wjat the loans, financing, or bank accounts are for.
I believe I'm being targeted by 1. Recent ex girlfriend who has deep hatred that she did not get away with faking her pregnancy with a kid who's not of me. Or 2. Her dad is in on it also, being that he's had a history of being a scam artist. I fully believe and am willing to provide all the emails I can to point it towards the people possibly behind these massive money, operation that appears to be targeting me specifically.
There is a very high chance she has my SSN# ***** bank account numbers. This all is very concerning to me.
What should I do at this point?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. If your cloud is being hacked or your computer is being hacked, this is a violation of federal law. This is something that is investigated by the FBI and you need to provide them the information and also provide them access to your computer and cloud so they can get in there to see who has accessed the drive. They will then proceed to prosecute the parties who are liable. You also need to change your bank accounts so she does not have the information on those accounts so she cannot go an access them and take money out. You need to set up the accounts so that your signature is required for release of any money and no electronic access allowed. You also need to notify the credit bureaus that there is a potential identity theft which would caused them to put notice on your credit reports in case she tries to open up any new credit accounts. Once the FBI investigate and determine which one of them has done this to you, in addition to them deciding to prosecute for computer hacking, you can sue them for the damages for invasion of privacy.