How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Zoey_JD Your Own Question

Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Category: Fraud Examiner
Satisfied Customers: 23530
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Fraud Examiner Question Here...
Zoey_JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I odered goods from a company in China

Customer Question

Hi There,
I odered for sample goods from a company in China, as soon as they received the money
they cut me off no phone, no email, no letters.
can you please help out? how I will get my money back or odered goods.
Xxxxxx Xxx
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, While it would seem that the internet has turned the world into a giant shopping mall, there is always a good reason to order goods from within your own country. One reason is that a foreign company is outside of the reach of your law and your consumer rights agencies. So in order to get your money back, you'd have to bring suit in that foreign country, which may cost much more in time and money than it is worth suing for. Many countries, China in particular, are high scam countries. They put up websites with very attractive designer or first quality goods at too good to be true prices. They turn out not to accept credit cards or means of payment that allow you some consumer protection. They require you to deal with them via WEstern Union or Money Gram or by other wire transfer methods. That means they get their money instantly and irreversibly, while consumers may get shabby counterfeits or nothing at all. If you were able to pay by credit card and you didn't receive your goods, and you cannot reach the company any more, contact your card carrier and ask to do a chargeback because you have not received your purchase. If you paid by wire and the company has disappeared, it unfortunately was probably never real in the first place. If that's so, the only thing that you can do would be to report the fraud to your law enforcement authorities. If they can find out who or where the company really is, then you could, as I have said, take legal action for their fraudulent misrepresentations and breach of contract. But finding them, unless you wish to hire a private investigator, is likely going to be a police matter. If you have a website for this company, I can look into it more and see if it is likely a legitimate company. But legitimate companies tend not to disappear into cyberspace once they've got your money, so my hunch at this point is that you have been deliberately scammed and that you will have no legal recourse to recover your money unless you can find your scammers.