Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I am having the same issue and company but with Damian Owens

Customer Question

I am having the same issue and company but with Damian Owens from New World Asset connections. They are also asking for more money. I beleive the above questioner is dealing with the same! I have filed official complaints but doubt that will amount to much. Anything else i can do? They claim they are going to keep the $4000 because of default on the contract. They would still owe us money.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  retireddebra replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what you mean by the above questioner.

I only get your question.

So please set out the facts and let me know you province or the province they are in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are in the States. They are New World Asset Connections with Damian Owens from Nashville Tennessee and Ron Macky from Wilson Moore Closing Associates in Denver Colorado.They want more funds for our sale of our timeshare from Playa del Caarmen. After looking at `inside the gate` I saw their names with people that are asking the same question. I have, as mentioned in my last question and blurb mentioned the complaints I have written with their confirmation numbers. I have all the documentation but do not know how to send them here. I can fax. They are still wanting more money from us and Ron is on the phone now as I am typing. They are threatening to keep the money because we broke a contract. please help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The questioner was a person on Inside the Gate who mentioned the same problem with the 2 companies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have proof of FOIP they did with 2 other customers.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.

This is a different expert here. I assume you realize that you are the victim of a time share fraud. The state of Tennessee has no record in their corporate data base of any company named New World Asset Connections. Nor does the state of Colorado have a record of a Wilson Moore Closing Associates.

No money need change hands before the closing in a real estate transaction, and requests for more and more up front money always indicate a timeshare reseller scam.

You need to cease contact with these folks. Don't send them another cent. They are not real and neither is the so-called contract you think you have with them. They are going to keep your money whether you send them more or not because theft and fraud is what they are all about. If you can find them, you can sue them for the return of your funds, but finding them is going to be a job for law enforcement, since the companies and your contact people there are fakes.

You have already reported them to the relevant law enforcement and regulatory authorities in your country and ours. You can also contact both the Tennessee State Attorney General's Office and the Colorado State Attorney General's Office and file consumer complaints with them. But short of hiring a private investigator, there's nothing more that you can do unless/until these folks are ever found.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is it! I've already made the complaints to both State Attorney offices! I know there are others being scammed. Today they are to send us proof from other clients that apparently did receive their money. So we just leave it go? I wish there was something else I could do!
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.

The other "clients" are going to be confederates of the scammers, because scammers work in teams. And you would find the people won't check out any more than the businesses do.

There's not anything else you can do except report them unless/until you can find them. Once they are found, you could take them to small claims court here or hire a civil lawyer to recover your funds. You could also try to prosecute them. Unfortunately, scam is a worldwide problem in epidemic proportions, your case won't have much priority with law enforcement. They're very backlogged. That's why I mentioned the possibility of a private investigator, who at least would put your needs at the top rather than at the bottom of a list. But apart from that, the only other steps you can take are to expose them on various sites such as ripoffreports.com and scambook.com to warn others.

I wish I had better news for you but today's technology allows scammers to successfully hide in cyberspace. It's the harsh reality of why internet fraud is so successful and so insidious.