Loren, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney/Hearing Officer
17897874

I had a very bad day yesterday. I received a called, from

Customer Question

I had a very bad day yesterday. I received a called, from a man ( I would like to say Gentleman) but he was not that. yesterday, informing me that I had won a fabulous amount of money. Million plus more!!!!. He kept pushing me for question concerning things about myself that were not appropriate. He kept raising the winnings, the longer he spoke the more money, and prizes were increased. Then he started, to be a big brother, to help me.... if I could just get $ (727.00). I was then to go to CVS and get an instagram. I was then to send the money to the Women's Home address that he gave me. So,next I was to go to my credit union and take the money out and then go to CVS. All through this he was referring Publishers Clearing House, how he could help me and work with me and wanted me to win the money. How he could not understand, how I could not come up with the money in the time I was on the phone with him. The whole thing was upsetting. We did not pay the money and did not have any more conversations with him. Thank you, ***** ***** chance to tell this story. Rosemary Leary
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rosemary. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
I am glad you did not send the money since this was an attempt to steal from you. It is an Advance Fee Scam. There is no prize and PCH never requires its winners to pay fees upfront to collect prizes.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
You can report this to your local police and also online to the FBI at www.IC3.gov.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Are you online with me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening I am sorry that I did not make contact with you. I was having a difficult time with trying to respond and then all ...broke out. it is late here so I will start again tomorrow. I have had may card in my hand, it has not been easy to find a way to complete the financial part of the agreement. Thank you sincerely, ***** *****
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you have further questions?