Loren, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney/Hearing Officer
17897874

This guy from Libya contacted me by instant messanger a couple

Customer Question

This guy from Libya contacted me by instant messanger a couple week ago saying he and his 13 year old daughter was in a refugee camp in Egypt, they flew into J F K airport on Sept. 27 but had trouble at customs. He said he had a huge amount of cash in three different bags that customs scanned and stored in the vault. he said he was unaware that he was suspose to declare the money in Egypt before leaving there. said he sent $10.000back to Egypt for parcial payment but had a remaining balance of$4.000 to be sent to Egypt before they would send the invoice so his bags could be released to him. He said he was very scared at J F K after seeing several Arab people handcuffed . he took a flight to Maylasia, there he remains. he wanted me to come up with the balance.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a former asst prosecutor, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Are you online with me?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

This is a very common internet scam. In fact there is no package waiting to be claimed and the only purpose for the message was to induce you to send money. This person is a criminal trying to steal from you. Do not respond to him and do not, under any circumstances, send any money.