Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I am trying to chaek if DETAL ENTERPRISE GROUP LTD in Malaysia a scam or genuine web

Customer Question

I am trying to chaek if DETAL ENTERPRISE GROUP LTD in Malaysia a scam or genuine
website : http://detalgroup.com/
Tel +60-168-982-050
BANK NAME:CIMB BANK
ACC. NAME:TAHIRI AP PERUMAL
ACC. NO(###) ###-####
SWIFT CODE:CIBBMYKL
ADDRESS:NO 17, TK 1/11A, PLAZA KINRARA, 47100, PUCHONG, MALAYSIA
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, All the indications are that this site is a scam. The domain name was only registered in February 2015, which means the site is only 7 months old. The name was registered for one year only, the least amount of time you can register a domain name for. This is not a company that is going to be around for the long haul. These are both bad signs. Additionally, the site's IP address traces to North Carolina and the site registrant is using a private US proxy service to hide his actual location and his name. You can see this all for yourself by going to www.domaintools.com and looking at Detal Enterprise's WHOIS. Another tip-off is that the site is only in English. At the very least, if it were legitimate, it ought to be bilingual. Here it's avoiding its natural market, which would be in Malaysia. Additionally, not only is the site in English but it is not even in literate English. This is a site that was thrown together to commit internet fraud. Malaysia has a government register with which lawful companies must be registered. It is online and searchable. They have no record of any such company. Wiring money to a private stranger in a foreign country is another sign of scam and a good way to simply throw away your money. This is someone's personal account and not a business account. That's illegal and irregular. Sites on the web that offer top line names at too good to be true discounts are always fraudulent. At best you'll get a substandard knockoff. At worst you'll get nothing at all. And since you'd be paying by a means that gives you zero consumer protection to someone in a country outside of the reach of your law, you ought to just avoid this site. The goods may be pricier if you order them through a local merchant, but you'll get them, they will be legitimate, and they will be under warranty. Avoid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before I rate your service I just want to confirm that this is a one off trial request and that your company will bill me monthly
for your services.
Once you confirm this I will be happy to rate your serviceRegards
Steve
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.

Hi Steve,

Experts here have no access to customer account and no way of looking up their membership plans. You need to write to Customer Service at [email protected] or call them at 1 (888) 862- 9212. Just let them know you do not want a subscription membershihp, and if you've got one they will cancel it for you.