Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer.
26798026

Prestige Equity Hong Kong. Are they safe

Customer Question

Prestige Equity Hong Kong. Are they safe for investing
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. Since you as the client are ultimately in charge of your own trades, there is really never a good reason to tell you that you have to invest more to close a deal. Maybe a stock price goes up or something, but then they should tell you that. It's a huge red flag if they're just asking you to send more money. That particular company was reported here as being involved in boiler room scams:http://www.trade2win.com/boards/educational-resources/14154-boiler-room-scams-409.htmlhttps://economicfrauds.net/warnings/prestige-equity-hong-kong Their website was registered by a third party private registration service, which often means they don't want you to know who's behind the site. They also used a service in Florida, which is a little odd for a Hong Kong based company. The first sentence of their "Our Company" page was taken from the mission statement of The Hartford, which is also a huge red flag.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I also can't help but notice that this sentence is more or less meaningless without moving on to a discussion of the company's core values, mission, and vision. "We strive to create long-term value for our clients through strong business fundamentals, consistent with our mission guided by our vision and directed by our company's core values." The exact same sentence is on Prudential's website, but Prudential has a link to a mission and core value statement.

if they're stealing language from insurance company websites, I'm sorry to say, they're not legitimate. Scam companies do that because it's faster than generating their own company, and it's something I've seen hundreds of times from scam companies.