RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney experienced in criminal and various other areas of law.
18284290

I happen to be on facebook and a man scammed 27000.00 he told

Customer Question

I happen to be on facebook and a man scammed 27000.00 he told me it was for getting his import and export care through customs and he would pay back Sept. 11th
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to you. Can you tell me what your legal question is please? What is it that you want to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do i have any rights and what are the chances of me going this mony back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have all my bank deposits slips and they have all yhat info but the local police are doing nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have absolutely no more money he made me take out a lian and fast cash on credit cards with high interest rates I can afford to talk on phone
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure what you mean by rights. Rights to do what? I'll be honest, and tell you that unfortunately, while I have seen A LOT of these types of scams (several a week at least on this site alone) I have never heard of a single case where a person was able to recover funds. The scammers are very good at what they do - they normally operate out of foreign countries ( in internet cafes or locations where their IP is constantly changing and cannot be traced, though they are convincing at making it look like they are in the U.S, or they'll spin a story about being in a foreign country "for business". It's doubtful your local police could do anything at all. Of course their names and identities are fake, and while you believe you are speaking to one person, it's entirely possible that it's actually a group of people working together. Also, typically in these scams, they ask that the money be wired, because wired funds are not traceable and moved easily.You can (and should) report this scam to www.ic3.gov, which is a joint task force between the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center, which investigates these scams and does their very best to shut them down. But the reality is that there are many many scams, they are constantly changing, and seemingly more every day. I wish I could tell you that they'll get your money back, but it is long gone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help didnt realize it was that many and changing all tha time thanjs again
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
Oh yes, there are probably hundreds of different scams -from business scams to romance scams to people claiming they are military soldiers stuck on leave in a foreign country. I am sorry you got caught up in one -as they are very very convincing, so I can see how it would happen. If I have answered all of your questions fully, please remember to leave me a positive rating, as that is the only way I am paid for my assistance. Thank you.