Law Educator, Esq., Consultant
Experience:  24+ years law enforcement. Licensed Attorney.
10285032

I ordered a sample of both BioGeniste 14-day trial for $4.95

Customer Question

I ordered a sample of both BioGeniste 14-day trial for $4.95 and one of Hydravella 18-day trail for $7.95. Both were supposedly shipped on 8/22, however I didn't receive September 2nd for one and September 3rd for the other. A couple of days later my account was charged $89.76 and I haven't been able to get that money back. I have talked directly to a live person and e-mail to no avail. The person I talked to said that I had passed the trail time to return anything, I responded that I had only had the items 3 or 4 days - the response to that was "the trail time starts when the item was shipped, and it had been shipped on 8/22"! I am not a sleuth, but I am upset enough that I will pursue this. I'm 75, on a limited income, and need that money back in my account - but more than that I hate liars and cheaters. I have looked up the address given (41 Canal St, Lewiston, ME 04240) only to find that there are numberous "companies" listed for that address, leading me to believe that is just a massive "mailing address" for companys that don't want to be found.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. You need to contact your credit card company and you need to inform them you DID NOT ORDER THIS and that they had a cancellation clause that they are not following the cancellation notice policy and ask the credit card company to do a charge back. You also need to send a letter to the company informing them you are canceling any orders with them pursuant to their cancellation policy. Tell them if they refuse to cancel, you will send a complaint to the Attorney General's Office Consumer Protection Unit and the Federal Trade Commission. Inform them you have notified your credit card company of their fraudulent and unfair and deceptive practices. Generally the credit card company will refund the purchase when you tell them that you did not order this and did not receive anything that was ordered and tried to cancel the order and the company will not respond.