Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Can you tell me if "Royal Style Vacation" is a

Customer Question

can you tell me if "Royal Style Vacation" is a scam? I got a glossy pamphlet from them today with 2 glossy 11th Anniversary Lottery tickets in it. Apparently it's from Malaysia and the stamps on the envelope are Malaysian. The tickets had a scratch area.
One was not a winner but one said 2nd prize of USD 165,000. In the pamphlet it states that there are 2 second prizes. Everything is very glossy It wants name, age, occupation, phone and address and to ring +6011-1617 8367/ +6011-1617 8363 if a prize is won.
The address is GF, 11B Ground Floor Wisma E-Life Care, No 6 Jalan Kerinchi,Bangsar South, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia So far I can't find anything on Google and am afraid to follow through until I know if it is legit or not. Can you advise please? June
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.

This is a well-known scam. The company gets you to pay for a vacation package that usually isn't even real, by enticing you with the possibility of your having won a major cash award.

Here's one report of this sort of offering. If you need to see others, just Google "Malaysian scratch & win lottery scam"