Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Coast Guard Security Delivery Company

Customer Question

Coast Guard Security Delivery Company I have search uk company register I can not find it. The phone number they gave is on a fake lottery watch list. Does this company exist.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, It likely does not, or, if it's a UK company it would have to be registered with Companies House. That's the government agency that keeps the annual tax records and business filings for every company in the UK. If that's the register on which you looked, it's absence would be a sign of scam. I can confirm that it's not on Companies House's register. The so-called company also does not appear to have a website. It doesn't even turn up in a Google search. Various other things point to scam as well. The very fact that you are asking this question shows you're being scammed. That is, you cannot win a lottery without actually entering it. A lottery is a specific kind of contest. Lottery winners are paid from the proceeds of lottery ticket sales. If you had really entered this lottery, you'd have selected your own numbers and paid for your ticket. The lottery company would not even know who you were. Lotteries publish the winning ticket numbers on their websites and on TV and in newspapers. The winner must come forward with the ticket in order to claim the prize. If nobody does, the money stays with the lottery and increases the pot for the next lottery drawing. I also assume they expect you to pay for either the delivery, the insurance, the transfer expenses or taxes before you can collect your winnings. That's an up-front fee and the #1 sign of a contest fraud. When the money they are holding is really yours, there's no need for you to pay to get it.