Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in consumer protection and fraud detection.
45002201

If I advertised a used car having no accidents, but it did

Customer Question

If I advertised a used car having no accidents, but it did have two accidents during the time I had the car, can I be forced to take the car back, if I sold it AS IS with no warranty?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.If you said the car had never been in an accident, you created a specific warranty. Even if you said you were selling it "as is," you specifically made claims about whether or not it had been in an accident, so are can be held to that. As such, if someone bought the car and later found out it had been in a wreck, they could sue you and get their money back, plus punitive damages and attorney's fees.
Do you have any questions? If so, feel free to ask. If not, please remember to "rate" my answer before you go. Good luck.