barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Experience:  Former prosecutor for various state agencies
19958803

I was on my iPhone and watching pornographic video's and a

Customer Question

I was on my iPhone and watching pornographic video's and a text message came up saying I was being investigated by the fbi for watching video's and I would need to pay a $450 fine since I was violating my ios8 agreement with apple. Is this a scam.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..You are correct...complete scam. Something you clicked on put a virus or spyware on your phone and it got your information automatically to send the text. .Had this been a real criminal violation, first they don't give you a "heads up" via text that you have violated the law, they just come to your house and arrest you. Second, if this was a violation, you don't get out of it by paying a "fine" to avoid the criminal justice system entirely...Get some spyware or virus software and run it on your phone to clean it and then make sure you are careful what you click on....thanksBarrister