Megan C, CFE
Experience:  CPA with CFE certification and a Master of Accountancy from Ole Miss
23669918

I WAS CONTACTED BY A PERSON CLAIMED TO BE FROM TESCO INTERNATIONAL

Customer Question

HI I WAS CONTACTED BY A PERSON CLAIMED TO BE FROM TESCO INTERNATIONAL MOBILE WHO SAID I WON SOME MONEY THEN GAVE ME A LAWYERS CONTACT WHO AS ASKED ME FOR PAYMENT FOR A AFFADAVIT AS I AM OVERSEA'S LAWYERS FIRM WAS LITCHFIELD LEGAL LIMITED LAWYER WAS LOUISE TRAYHURN I SEE HER LINKIN SITE AS A LAWYER BUT DOES SHE REALLY WORK THERE MAYBE SOME ONE IS USING HER NAME
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question --- this is most definitely a scam! There are no international lotteries -- and Tesco does not have any lotteries. You can only win a lottery if you buy a ticket, and you would be aware you won the lottery and it would not be surprising (on one aspect) because you bought the ticket or entered hoping to win. Do not give your information to anyone. They are likely using the legit lawyers name, although you won't be talking to that attorney. Take all the information you have and report it to www.ic3.gov Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thankyou they did send me a lawyer photo id with the number and photo on it when I looked on linkin it was her but I called and the voice sounded Asian and there was no company letter head ect the lawyer name was louise trayhurn I think she is a real lawyer but some one is using her ? when I check for Litchfield legal limited who sho works for it shows company as disolved
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.
This is a scam --- I know you would like to win the money but don't even talk to the people. Report it to www.ic3.gov. Any attorney would be listed with your state Bar association, and would have active contact information. Further, attorneys would not be the ones to give you lottery winnings -- a state lottery commission would be. This is a scam, through and through. Wish I could tell you otherwise.