Megan C, CFE
Experience:  CPA with CFE certification and a Master of Accountancy from Ole Miss
23669918

Dylan William says he is a Engineer from Darwin Australia currently

Customer Question

Dylan William says he is a Engineer from Darwin Australia currently working on the mall in Turkey. I met him online through Badoo
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question - my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Approach with caution - this is a common start to a romance fraud scheme. You will meet someone online on a dating site or social network -- they will typically be of western descent (American, Canadian, Australia, European, etc) and living/working abroad somewhere particularly somewhere dangerous (African countries, parts of Asia, and the Middle East) You will become emotionally invested in him and he will have many, many stories and will likely get upset when you start to question him. It's all part of "baiting" you -- and once he has you, then he will have some need and will need money, for his business, because his employer won't pay for something, because he wants to come see you, because he needs to pay this or that or had money stolen - whatever, many variations on a common theme. NEVER send money to anyone until you have met them in person at least once. If they say they can't see you until you send them money - don't. You won't see them even if you do send the money. Distance yourself, report the profile to Badoo and report the scammer to www.ic3.org if you are in the US Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Thanks so much :-)