Megan C, CFE
Experience:  CPA with CFE certification and a Master of Accountancy from Ole Miss
23669918

I have just been awarded a new 2015 BW or $65,485. in lieu

Customer Question

I have just been awarded a new 2015 BW or $65,485. in lieu of accepting car. Just need to send fee of $20.00 to: ***** ***** POBox 203 - 3720 AE Bilthoven
The Netherlands - Letter signed by a John D. Merganthaleur
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.
This is a scam If you are really the winner of a prize, you will not be required to pay any fee --- this is an advance fee fraud scheme. If you send the money, chances are they will ask again for even more money if you choose the car (to pay "taxes" etc) or if you choose the cash option they will obtain information on your bank account and quite possibly wipe it out. Do not send any money --- this is a scam. Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.