Law Educator, Esq., Consultant
Experience:  24+ years law enforcement. Licensed Attorney.
10285032

This guy i am talking with months . He is a special

Customer Question

This guy i am talking with for 9 months . He is a special agent with the united nations from UK, he is in Afghanistan with the peacekeeping mission . He said his job is high security and he is not aloud to have a phone or computer while in camp. He did sneak one with him to talk to me ,and hides it . I started started talking to him when he was in London ,before he left for Afghanistan. He was in the army ,but not now ,he is with the un peacekeepers. He said he had to be in military first before he could be with the un, now i am wondering if this is really true what he has been telling me , ..
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is not true, there are no "special agents with the UN" and it is what is called an internet romance scam. These scams all work the same, they come up with a cover story that cannot be validated and they all end up having some circumstance where they will need money from you. Some even will send you credible looking documents to try to convince you they are real. They are not real, they are scam artists who use fake names and anonymous internet addresses so they cannot be traced. Some even steal pictures from social media and pass them off as their own.
Cut off all contact immediately
You can read more about these scams at http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/emergencies/scams/dating.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is their job that much secret that they are not to talk with anyone outside camp
Thank you for your reply
There is no such job. The UN has no "special agents." He is not talking about it because it is a non-existent job and there is nothing to talk about. It is not secret, it does not exist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do i contact to turn this person in ,because at one time i did send some money ,but not any more . I have pictures and saved all messages he sent
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am i aloud to send this to him ,what you saying please
Thank you for your reply.
You are sending information to someone who is not who he says he is. He is a fraud and he is simply taking your money.
The pictures are FAKE, he stole them from somewhere on the internet and is using them as his own.
You can send him whatever you want, but he is not who he says he is and you should not be sending him anything at all. Go read the information at the link I sent you which will tell you as I am telling you, you are being scammed.