Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

This company is charging me $2995. and claims they have a buyer

Customer Question

This company is charging me $2995. and claims they have a buyer for my timeshare. I listed the timeshare for 12,500. but their buyer is paying 16,000. Is this too good to be true?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
The timeshare reseller market is very very corrupt. A situation like this one that just drops into your lap unexpectely is almost always a scam. Most people can't sell their time shares at all, and those who can get peanuts for it compared to what they paid for it. Any unsolicited contact from a company you have never had any dealings with, offering a price in excess of what you're asking for is much too good to be true news, and if they are asking for money up front, that's the #1 sign of a scam. No money need change hands until the closing.
So, yes, if you send that money, I am confident you'll lose it. But if you give me the name, website and/or snail mail location of the reseller, I'll be happy to look into that and give you a less general answer.