Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I got a email 7$ book about panama .got my bank statement

Customer Question

I got a email for a 7$ book about panama .got my bank statement was charged 140 called the 1 800 no talked to a supervisor and told her I had got nothing and want a refund of the money she said we got you if you buy on the internet and all the small print we got you .Good buy
I suppose there is nothing I can do
Category: Fraud Examiner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want a membership in your club please only 1 question..I have been had agin one question 16$ no memberships no free trial
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
Was this the 800 number for your bank that you are talking about or the 800 number for the company? Did you contact your bank about the unauthorized charge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes they told me to come in and make a report.so that is will do . It was a email offer that I was buying a 7$ book from
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
There's nothing much that you can do about a $140 loss that would make any sense except to report the crime to your police, to the FBI at IC3.gov and to the Federal Trade Commission at FTC.gov. You could also lodge a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, at FTC.gov. You've already contacted your state AG. You could sue, but it's not worth the time, money and effort.
But if they have your bank account information, you might want to talk to your bank about whether they think it's a good idea for you to close your present account and open a new one.