Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I have been scammed by overseas supplier where do i get

Customer Question

Hi I have been scammed by overseas supplier where do i get help
Category: Fraud Examiner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
It's always dangerous to deal with an overseas company unless you thoroughly vet them first. Alibaba is just a venue and like every other online marketplace of this type, it's got its share of fraudulent dealers of this type.
Overseas vendors are outside of the reach of your country's laws and consumer regulatory agencies. Mounting an international suit from Australia may be time consuming, expensive and counterproductive, because even if you get a judgment in your favor in Australia, you may need to take action in the foreign country anyway, to get that country to enforce a foreign judgment (not always easy) so that you can collect your money.
Scammers know this, which is why they almost always prey on victims from a country other than their own.
So what you can do is going to depend upon if you can find out who, what and where the company really is. If they are legitimate, in the sense of an actual business, you can hire counsel abroad and go after them for the return of your money.
If they are out and out scammers, on the other hand, you'd still be entitled to the money of which you were defrauded, but you're going to have to find them to pursue them, and they could be anybody, anywhere in the world. That means your only remedy is to report the fraud to law enforcement, who can at least notify the proper foreign authorities of your difficulty. They, in turn, may investigate. To ensure that your matter gets priority, you'd likely have to hire an international private investigator.
If you can give me what information you have about this company, I can attempt to verify whether it's legitimate or not. An web address/snail mail location/ or other identifying contact information would be useful in that regard.